COVID-19 – UPDATE AT 12 OCTOBER 2020
Are you excited to see that there is new snow in the Alps, but you are unsure about whether or not to book your ski holiday yet for this winter?
No need to worry. You can book with us for the winter 2020/21 ski season using our special Covid-19 booking policy, with :-
- Flexible booking options
- More flexibility to change your plans
- Reduced deposit to secure your booking
- More time to pay the balance
- A refund guarantee
- No amendment fees
- Exclusive use of the chalet
- Catered or self catered options
- Choose how and when you want to travel
- Garage parking for Self drivers
- Stay for more than 7 nights at a discount
Book your ski holiday with a reduced deposit
Secure your booking with a 15% deposit, instead of the usual 25%
The balance is normally due within 10 weeks of your arrival date, but we have reduced this to just 30 days for bookings made for stays between 19 December 2020 and 21 February 2021
Changed your mind? No problem.
We’ll give you back your deposit as a credit towards your rescheduled stay with us, for cancellations received at any time up to 24 hours before arrival, and for ANY REASON.
We’ll give you a full refund of your balance if you cancel 30 days or more before your arrival date, for ANY REASON AT ALL,
If your booking has to be cancelled within 30 days of your arrival date, because it cannot go ahead due to any of the reasons stated below *, linked to the coronavirus pandemic, we will still refund your balance in full and your deposit will be converted to a credit towards you next holiday with us
Refunds will be free of fees,
Deposits which are converted to a credit note towards a stay at Chalet Caro can be taken at any time (Summer or Winter) until Easter 2022, subject to availability.
* For the avoidance of any doubt, where one of the following scenarios occurs, this replaces our cancellation terms as outlined in paragraph 6 of our terms and conditions, and refunds will be made under our special Covid-19 booking policy
- If the government in the country of origin of the party leader is advising against all but essential overseas travel to France.
- If travel or border restrictions in France (ordered by the French government in response to COVID 19) mean that the party leader cannot reach France/our property.
- If the French government decides on enforce a quarantine which would occur during the client’s stay.
- If Meribel is ordered to close for winter sports activities (i.e. if the lift system is closed).
- If we are unable to accommodate your group in the chalet, either due to an outbreak of COVID-19 within the property, or because we have been forced to close it due the laws and regulations of the French authorities;
- Refunds can not normally be made once your stay with us has already commenced
- the above coronavirus related restrictions must be in place at the time that your booking is due to take place, if you chose to cancel your holiday before the date of departure because you are concerned that these restrictions might be place normal cancellation charges will apply.
- our Covid-19 cancellation policy does not cover the following situations, so you should consult your travel insurance to see if this would cover you under these circumstances
- if you are unable to travel because you, a member of your group or family have Covid-19 or other illness or because you/they have been told to quarantine
- the requirement to self-isolate on return from the holiday
- if there are no restrictions in place and you choose not to travel
Even more flexibility – Last minute booking amendments
Should one/some of the members of your party be unable to travel FOR ANY REASON then we can amend the booking to accommodate alternative guests, provided that this amendment is received in writing at least 48 hours before your arrival date.
This year there will be no charge for such amendments.
We do not give a discount where only part of the chalet is occupied
It is your duty to ensure that all members of your party
- comply with both the local and the national guidelines on COVID-19, for example wearing suitable face masks and “socially distancing” where and when ever recommended
- protect you and your fellow travellers as well as others in the resort from either contracting or passing on the virus
- Inform our resort staff immediately should there be any suspicion that a member of your party may have contracted COVID-19
WHY CHALET CARO?
Chalet Caro is a privately owned and run chalet with 4 en suite bedrooms, each with their own bath/shower rooms, and the capacity for 8 people in either 4 double or 8 twin beds.
The chalet is booked on an Exclusive-Use basis, so is only available to be booked by one group at a time.
This means that you are in control of WHO you bring to the chalet, and who your share your accommodation with, up to a maximum of 8 people. Each bedroom has its own separate washing facilities making it easier to distance your personal hygiene.
Chalet Caro is normally run as a self catered chalet, so you have the option to eat out if you wish, but eating in and preparing the next days lunches are a very easy option if you prefer to do so. There is an excellent supermarket only 2-3 minutes walk from the chalet. In addition takeaways and meals can be delivered to the chalet should you wish it.
We can provide our own Private Chef, subject to availability.
We give you the flexibility not only to eat how and when you wish, but also to travel how and when you wish.
As a privately run chalet we continue to take flexible bookings, so should guests wish to book for arrival/departure on a different day, or to stay for more than 7 nights we can accommodate and we can normally offer a discount for longer bookings, subject to availability
You make your own travel arrangements, which gives you the option to self drive, fly or travel by train on which ever days suit you best, and you can choose whichever method gives you the sort of flexibility you prefer.
We have parking for 3 cars including our own garage, making life a lot easier for those coming to the chalet with their own vehicles. Something we are anticipating more travellers wishing to do this season.
A note about our hot tub – for health & safety reasons we regret that we can not guarantee that our hot tub will be in use during this winter season
LATEST TRAVEL ADVICE
Before you travel please make sure that you are up to date with the latest travel advice and be prepared for some changes to the way that you have been used to travelling, as well as your experience in resort.
You will need to be prepared for some significant changes to getting to your destination. There will be changes to your experience at the airport and on-board the plane or train.
Take a look at the following websites for the latest information: